Hairstyling for men have come a long way, picking up new products in its path; from pomades to gels, waxes and sprays and lots more.
The choice of product to use depends on the hairstyle you’re aiming to achieve and the quality of your hair. For that old school look, modern hairstyle or something totally out of the box, there is a hairstyling product for it.
Let us take a look at two of the most popular products known to man; pomade and wax.
Pomade is a hairstyling product that has been around since the early 90’s. The early pomades were made from mashed apples and fat, today we have pomades made from water and chemical mixtures. Pomades are of two types; the traditional oil-based pomades and water-based pomades. They give a sleek, laid-back look that is loved by many.
Benefits of Pomade
- The biggest advantage of pomade is that it allows you restyle the hair throughout the day. Just sprinkle a little water and transform!
- It comes in a number of options. You can achieve a wet look by applying pomade on slightly damp hair. For a matte finish with less shine, apply on completely dry hair and is best pomade for short hair.
- A tin of pomade lasts long because only a little amount is required for styling, especially for oil-based pomades.
- It doesn’t make your hair look too greasy, as long a moderate amount is applied.
Wax is a styling product made primarily with bee wax as the name suggests. Wax has the ability to hold a hairstyle. Wax is not palliable and will often dry out after a few hours, but before then you can restyle it. Wax is great for creating a spiky look.
Benefits of Wax
- It provides stronger hold in times of strong winds.
- It is ideal for men who are new to hairstyling because it is easy to apply and style. Pomade can be a little bit complicated for a newbie.
- Pomade can add extra grease to hair so wax is best for people with naturally oily hair.
- With wax, you can create hairstyles with different texture and detailed expressions.
Pomade vs. Wax
- We have taken a rundown of both hairstyling products, let’s put them against each other.
- Wax is recommended for hairstyles that require a strong hold; it provides a stronger hold than pomade.
- Wax leaves a residue after washing whereas water-based pomades wash off completely after one wash.
- Wax dries up after a couple of hours making it difficult to restyle during this time. Pomade has the ability of maintaining its flexibility throughout the day and easy to restyle whenever.
Wax and pomade are great hairstyling products that can give you a desired modern or retro look. No product is perfect all-round; both have their shortfalls. The goal is to find whose shortfalls you can live with.
Clogs have become increasingly popular in not just the nursing community but healthcare as a whole. Nurses spend several hours on their feet so it is essential for them to have best nursing shoes. Clogs provide the much needed support which helps minimize ankle, knee, foot and back pain.
Clogs are designed for the workplace environment, so it is expected that they offer more benefits to nurses that conventional sneakers or regular shoes.
Clogs are closed at the toe region, so they provide protection from chemicals and bodily fluids which are common occurrences in the healthcare field. They are designed to cover the entire foot; this provides protection also from falling objects and helps averts injuries.
Clogs do not have shoelaces, and they easily slip onto the foot, removing the thought of having to tighten loosened shoe laces on the job. Without shoe laces, the pressure shoe laces exert on foot has been alleviated, increasing comfort.
Attributes of a Good Pair of Clogs
Below are some of the most important factors that go into a quality pair of clogs.
- Reduced stressed – Nurses undergo tremendous amount of stress for long hours. One of the best things that could happen to a nurse is to offer something to reduce the stress. Good quality clogs will reduce the level of stress a nurse feels and make him/her focus his/her mind on other important work-related matters rather than that pain in the foot.
- Comfort – clogs should increase a nurses’ comfort levels. Adequate padding in a pair of clogs will make them more comfortable and foot-friendly for long hours. Laces will increase pressure on the foot but they hold the shoes firmly to the foot. A good pair of clogs should hold firmly to the foot regardless of the fact that they don’t have shoe laces.
- Support –A good pair of clogs will provide adequate support to the foot to alleviate foot problems associated with bad footwear.
- Safety – Clogs should provide safety from chemical spills and splashes associated wih the nursing profession.
- Stability – A quality pair of clogs should offer stability for protection against slips and falls. The sole should have enough grip to avoid slips.
A lot of modifications have gone into clogs to make them the footwear they are today, making them the preferred choice over regular shoes in the healthcare industry.
A good pair of clogs can provide you that comfort your foot and body need during those long shifts. It is really important for healthcare professionals to get quality pair of clogs for enhanced comfort and safety which leads to optimum performance at work.
The cordless wrench is a good tool to have if you are a handy man or builder. However it is important to keep your wrench in good condition, this will make it last longer and it will ensure your own safety and the safety of those around you. Here are some tips on how to take care of your cordless wrench.
- It is very important to use the correct the correct sockets and bits. If you do no there is a high risk that the parts may break and you may injure yourself.
- Check the wrench to see if there is any damage to it.
- Test the wrench regularly to see if there is proper flow of air.
- Carry the wrench correctly, do not drop or drag it.
- Do not wet the impact wrench or any of the parts that you use in it.
- Clean off any dirt that may accumulate on the wrench during use. Use cleaners that are recommended by the manufacturer.
- Grease it correctly if you need to lubricate the valves or any part for use. Use greasers that are recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not apply excessive torque to the impact wrench as this will definitely damage the impact wrench.
- Read the product manual to ensure that you are using it correctly or if you are unsure what pressure valve you need to use.
- Check the warranty and replace parts on time.
If you do all of the above then your impact wrench will last you a long time and it will be safe to use. Read more from – wrenchadviser.com
Shopping or looking for a water purifier may be challenging and sometimes you can even buy a product that you don’t need. What is the point of buying a product that will not meet your needs? In this article we want to let you know about the different types of water filters and give a bit of a description about how they work so that you can be able to make an informed decision on which product will suit your needs. The following are water filters that you can find in stores today.
UV filters are new technology on the market today. It uses ultraviolet radiation to treat water and it has the ability to destroy bacteria that can be damaging to your health.
This filter is the best of purifying water and more environmentally friendly. The UV filter doesn’t need any chemicals or additional heat to be effective.
Activated Carbon Filters
Activated carbon filters are responsible for removing larger particles like sediment and silt that may be found in water. They function by attracting and absorbing these particles to remove them from the water and to make it clean and healthy to drink at any time. Activated carbon filters also ensure the water has less odour and that it tastes much better. This is because they reduce the amount of chlorine and other contaminants that can make the water smelly or just very unpleasant to drink.
Activated carbon filters are also known as carbon filters or pre-filters.
These are not your ordinary filters, they are designed to work with a process called the electrolysis. In the process of electrolysis the water passes through plates that are electrically charged and the water is separated into two streams which are alkaline and acidic. This makes the water more soft and reduces acidity in the skin aswell.
Infrared filters are used to help soften water which are good investment if you live in a hard water area. They also use heat and light to negatively charge the water giving it a soft feel. The Infrared filters can easy be compared with the alkaline filters as they have the same elements.
This is one incredibly popular type of filter because it has been equipped to be able to remove all sorts of contaminants that can be dangerous and harmful for our health. Moreover it can be able to make sure that the water is clear and odour free.